Every couple has their own idea of a romantic honeymoon. Some couples want adventure and wildlife, so they travel to Costa Rica. Some couples want a white powdery beach and turquoise waters, so they travel to Turks and Caicos. Other couples want to stay in treehouse bungalows and go reef diving, so they go to Fiji.
I help my clients cut through all the noise of the Internet and their family and friend’s suggestions by asking: “What do you want? Tell me your vision.”
The only way I can make suggestions and keep my client’s best interests in mind is by asking questions. Here is a sample of questions I typically ask of my honeymoon clients:
- What activities are you interested in doing on your honeymoon…Is there an activity you will regret not doing?
- Do you have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
- Do you have medical issues that might make it hard to walk, climb stairs, etc.?
- Tell me about the view from your room. What do you want to see?
- Do you consider yourself an adventurer? Would you be comfortable exploring on your own or would you prefer going with a group?
Based on my client’s answers I get a good idea of what they want. The goal is to offer suggestions that fit what each couple want, taking into consideration budget, how many nights to be away, the weather at that desired time of year, etc. There is a lot to consider when planning travel!
Another good example from one of my recent clients: The couple had their choices down to 2 options: Ireland or New Zealand. The plan was to honeymoon in August. I told the couple that New Zealand is in the Southern Hemisphere, so August is in the dead of winter. The couple decided that skiing and building snowmen were not in the honeymoon plans, so they chose Ireland. Problem solved!
How can I help you plan your romantic honeymoon? Contact me here to talk about your honeymoon!